This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble

We are heading to Missouri this afternoon (after Rick fits in a round of golf  ... hmmmm...).  It's a fair tradeoff, really.  He is graciously staying home with Eli and Brynne while I go shopping on Friday.  Yes, we're doing it.  We do it every year, actually.  But we're not the psychos out there willing to battle it out with an elderly woman over the last $5 Barbie.  We just like to get out there and see what's what.  We like to go out to lunch.  To me, it's just a fun day with the girls, without kids.  I get to spend the day with my mom and my favorite aunt and my sister.  It's just fun.

I still need to get us packed.  That's what I'm heading to do now.  But I wanted to, first, leave you with a couple of adorable turkeys to get you prepared.

Brynne and her class turkey.  Her feather is the noodle one on the far right.  She also made this turkey she is holding.  She loves art projects and I am confident she did each part all by herself.

Here is Eli's turkey hat.  On the contrary, I was told he was a pill during this whole project.  He hates art projects.  He might have colored the brown, although I am sure with help, and he did draw lines on the green turkey feather, but you just can't see it.  He did enjoy wearing it, though, and saying "gobble gobble".  I told him I always knew he was a turkey.

Our family hopes that each one of you reading this has a wonderful time with your family this holiday.  Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks.  Sometimes we forget to do that in all the hustle and bustle of turkey dinners and shopping.  But, this season I am eternally grateful for the blessings God has bestowed on me, most especially the blessings of an awesome family.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!