This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Kyndal!!

Well, the biggest baby is 14 years old today.  Wow!  That's weird!  

I woke her up with my annual song, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, you look like a monkey and you smell like one too!"  They actually look forward to that song!  She woke up and immediately said, "I want to open my presents!"  Since I still have to pick up one this afternoon, I let her open the one I did have.  On her dry erase board for the past few weeks she has had her birthday and Christmas lists.  She had listed "spa day".  Then I noticed that later she added "pro" to it.  I know she did that because she knows how "frugal" I am and she was probably afraid she would come home from her school on her birthday and I would be dressed up in a spa outfit with all of my homemade potions ready to give her a facial, manicure and pedicure.  She's probably right.  Since I can't afford a $200 spa day, I did made arrangements to take her to the Broken Arrow Cosmetology School for a facial and pedicure on Saturday.  That's about as "pro" as I get.  She was happy with it, though!  

Rick took her to get donuts before school, although she was so caught up in herself that she was almost too late to get to go .. "everybody keeps calling me!!!"

I always cook the meal of their choice on their birthday, although they would always rather go out.  She requested juicy hamburgers (not the frozen patty variety), corn on the cob (hmmmm... do they sell that this time of year?) and cottage cheese.  So, I'll do my best.  I'm also going to make her a cheesecake.

Her birthday party is Friday night .. an 80's Murder Mystery Party.  We have lots to do to prepare for that.  And I'm actually a little nervous that no one will show and it won't work. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!