This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

[simple-woman-daybook-small.jpg]

FOR TODAY ~ JANUARY 20, 2009

Outside my window... it's still dark, but on a slight warming trend.  The weather has been so confusing that the poor little Bradford Pears are starting to bud.  I want to yell, "No, don't do it .. you'll die!!"  We are certain to have at least another couple blasts of cold weather, maybe snow or ice.  Oklahoma is that unpredictable!

I am thinking ... about all I need to accomplish in the next two days to get ready for our trip.

I am thankful for...good friends and family who will jump in and help with the kids when Rick and I want/need to get away for a few days.  It is not easy taking care of this crew of 4, so I am so appreciative!!

From the learning rooms ... just trying to get everybody re-charged up for the last half of school.

From the kitchen... my grocery list and coupons sit patiently waiting for their weekly trip to the store.

I am wearing... jeans, a hot pink turtleneck, scarf made by my Great Aunt Bonnie and, currently, my pink slippers.

I am creating... a clean home today.

I am going... TO LAS VEGAS TOMORROW WITH MY HUSBAND FOR FOUR DAYS!!!

I am reading... the Book of Esther getting prepared for my Bible Study I start when I return from vacation.

I am hoping... that my kids do well while we are gone, that they don't miss us too much, or drive anybody too crazy.

I am hearing... my furnace and NOTHING ELSE!!  K and D just got on their buses and E and B are still sleeping.

Around the house... it is dark and quiet, but not for long.  The hustle and bustle of a "typical" Taulman day will start in a few minutes.

One of my favorite things... is planning a vacation down to the minutes.  I love to scour publications and websites looking for all of the cool and hidden things to do in a city we don't know.  Typically my husband is wowed with how perfect a vacation we have, how we do just the right things.  But, on this trip to Las Vegas, I have been "unsuccessful" in my planning.  Nothing really grabs me.  So, we're just going to wing it.  But, that may be the way to do things in Las Vegas.  It doesn't seem to be a city set on much of a schedule.  And, more than any other time, I am wanting to just relax!!!  Rick will be in a class for two of the days, and I don't really want to discover the city without him.  This time, we'll just go with the flow ... which is totally not my style!!

A few plans for the rest of the week ... to clean and go to the grocery store today, to finish packing, to get all the kids' school notes and lunches and snacks and other comforts together, to make lists ... then to just walk away.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...


Picture me, on this gondola ride, with my sweet husband at The Venetian in Las Vegas ... ahhhhh....

To be inspired by other Simple Women, visit
 here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!