This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


[simple-woman-daybook-small.jpg]

FOR TODAY ~ JANUARY 13, 2009

Outside my window... THE SUN IS SHINING .. PRAISE GOD!!  It's been so dark and dreary here during the week, most weeks, and it sure is nice to see the sun, even if it is only 20 degrees outside!

I am thinking ... about my friends who have unhappy marriages and how I wish we could all just submit to the calling God has for us in our roles as husbands and wives.  We make it so hard .. but it's really so simple.

I am thankful for... healthy kids in the midst of so much seasonal sickness!

From the learning rooms ... I am trying to teach my kids not to say the phrase "I want ..."  I would prefer them to say things, like, "I would really like to have ...", or "Please may I ...", or "Do you think I could ..."

From the kitchen... Eli is playing with an old Playschool town set and his penguins ???

I am wearing... my coat, still, from taking Brynne to preschool.  It's freezing outside and I'm chilled throughout!

I am creating... balance.

I am going... as few places as possible while it is so cold, but I have to go to the store today.

I am reading... as many blogs as I can get my eyes on for ways to spend money wisely, tips on meal planning and grocery shopping, coupons, etc.

I am hoping... that Rick's bonus and our income tax refund are high enough for us to take the RV vacation with our friends that we want to take this summer.  If the number is not what I have in my mind, we can't do it and take care of the priorities we have set for this year.

I am hearing... a lot of peace and quiet while Eli plays alone (he loves Tuesdays and Thursdays when it's just him and me for about 3 hours in the morning.)

Around the house... I have a small list of things I could go ahead and get done with the reward of sitting with my family to watch or favorite show tonight, "The Biggest Loser", without doing anything else!

One of my favorite things... has become sitting as an entire family watching a movie or television show together.  I never thought we would be able to do that (for lots of reasons) and I LOVE IT and look forward to it!

A few plans for the rest of the week ... not much, actually, and I love it!  This Saturday Kyndal and I are going to go to the mall so she can spend some of her Christmas money on clothes.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...

I wish I could say I actually took this picture, but I didn't.  I've been trying to take a picture of the beautiful cardinals that have been flocking in our front yard the past couple of weeks, but as soon as I step outside they fly away.  They are gorgeous, so vibrant and lovely against the backdrop of barren trees and lack of color, and I have been wondering, "Why are they here?  Don't they know it's freezing?"  I came across this yesterday ...
 

Cardinal reminds us that no 
matter what time 
of the day or year it is,  
there is always the opportunity to recognize  
the importance of our 
life purpose.


To be inspired by other Simple Women, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!