This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wrapping up the Year, and Presents ...

Starting the first week in January I'm going to begin plotting my new budgeting plans, highs and lows.  On Monday's I will post my menu, On Tuesdays I will do my Daybook entry (just because it sooths me!!).  I'll be grocery shopping on Tuesday afternoons, so on Wednesdays I'll post "What I Got for the Money Wednesday".  On Thursday I'll catch up on any happenings in the Taulman family (which will be minimal compared to the fall season .... ahhhh!).  And, on Fridays, who knows!

By blogging my budgeting I will feel accountable to someone other than myself.  And maybe someone out there will be inspired by what I'm doing and join in.  Who knows.

Today is Christmas Eve .. I can't hardly believe it!  I have so much to do today to get ready for the onslaught of family.  But, I'm giddy!  I am SO EXCITED for my family to spend Christmas here with us this year!  As an immediate family, the Taulmans, we are so happy at this time of our lives and I'm so excited for the excitement that will happen tonight and tomorrow morning! I even signed up to have Santa call our house!  (He actually called yesterday, but I let the machine get it so we can listen to it all as a family tonight.)  Grandma is bringing reindeer dust to sprinkle outside.  I'll have my dad make some reindeer poop to leave out there for in the morning.  That's always fun!!!  This will be a magical year for us.

But in the midst of the magic, there is sadness.  My heart aches for my friend Kim who lost her two brothers in tragic ways in the past few years, one of them just last year.  I know she is missing them and we often forget that the holidays are hard for some.  And just last night, at about 8 p.m., our local teacher and friend, Shona Echols, passed away.  We rejoice that she is with Jesus and is no longer suffering (it was a sudden illness, not long-term), but her husband, children, friends and other family members will forever have different feelings toward Christmas than the rest of us.  Please pray for her family!  I can't imagine being a child who lost their mother two days before Christmas.  What a sad time.  And my little Brynne woke up at 4 a.m. with an earache.  She's had a pretty yucky cold and cough, so I pray her ear is not infected but just have some fluid buildup.

And foremost .. remember that our Saviour, Jesus Christ, was born which is why we really celebrate Christmas to begin with.  Without Him we are nothing and we have no hope. With Him we can do all things, and our hope is eternal.

I have much to do today .. cleaning .. cooking .. a trip to Old Navy .. wrapping presents.  So, I'm off.  Enjoy your time with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!