This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Has it Really Been 5 Years ????

Five years ago was one of the scariest and joyful days of my life! I went into the hospital to be induced. After the baby's heartrate dropped below 20 bpm twice, and after I started having unexplained bleeding, my doctor decided it was time to get that baby out QUICK! With not even enough time to up my anesthesia, I was ushered into the operating room. A few minutes later I delivered my tiny 5 1/2 pound baby boy, Eli Jackson. Just hearing him actually cry made me break out into sobs! (That and the fact that I could feel the surgery .. I said that it felt like a roast was being carved and I was the roast!!) But he was precious .. perfect .. an answer to prayer!



That was on December 22nd and Christmas Eve was just two days away. I was devastated that Eli would not be able to be Baby Jesus at church that night, as was planned, and even more devastated that I would likely not be home for Christmas. But by sheer determination, a lot of drugs and an awesome doctor, I went home Christmas Eve afternoon ... to a houseful of family scheduled to come over for dinner that night. God Bless Julie and her preparations! Thankfully we have photos, because I was a zombie in the corner chair most of the night.

Our little Boogie Bear is 5 ... WOW! For those of you who know us, you know what an absolute blessing this child is to us! I'm not sure what Rick Taulman would do without him. With the delays he started out with, he amazes us every day with the improvements in his speech and social skills. He's amazing and we love him so much!

This morning me and all the kids got up and went to Chik-fil-A in our pjs for their "free breakfast" promotion. It was fun! He had a cinnamon roll. They had Christmas crafts and a free goody bag.


After breakfast we headed to the movies to see "The Tale of Despereaux". It was okay .. a little dark for a kid his age, I think. But he seemed to enjoy it.


Then we came home to play for the rest of the day. Grandma got him a card that plays the Star Wars theme .. he loved that! And we got him Hulk punching hands, a new bike and some Hulk underoos. He also got the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" movie at his birthday party last week.



For dinner we had lasagna and breadsticks .. his favorite! And then finished off the night with cupcakes made by Kyndal.


As you can see, we were in our pjs all day .. even at the movies .. even mommy! It was awesome!
But now mommy is exhausted! And Christmas celebrations start in two days!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What fun - - I think Eli is precious - - I can't imagine my baby being 5 - - okay okay I can't imagine my 2 year old being 5 - - - sigh.... I can not believe you went to the movies in your PJS! LOL You crack me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!