This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Slip Slidin' Away


It's Day 2 of being iced in .. but at least we have power!!

Yesterday the kids were thrilled to be home! Even though there wasn't any snow, our driveway was a solid sheet of ice! Kyndal and Dawson got sleds from Santa last year and never got to use them even once. So, they were outside and ready pretty early. It was SO COLD but they sledded for a little while to try them out.

Kyndal and I finished our Christmas baking, and she went next door to babysit. Dawson was bored, already!

Later in the afternoon, Kyndal and Dawson, the Gardner girls and the Bonds all gathered back outside for more sledding. It was so fun to listen to them screaming as they shot down the driveway. They had so much fun! Dawson, Kristina and Ethan were outside for about three hours. As we suspected, we have the perfect sledding hills at our house!



Since we're home today, too, I suspect they'll be back out it later. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. It's really too icy for Eli and Brynne to go outside, but I might have to break down and take them out for a while. They were really mad I wouldn't let them yesterday.

Julie's coming over today to pick up some coats for her school's coat drive. I think I'll make some zucchini bread before she gets here so we can have a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!