This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2, 2008

Today is the first day of summer break from school.  Yes, I may lose my mind already!  With it being Monday, today is "Mounds of Laundry Monday" and "Mop it Monday".  The kids aren't going to like Mondays.  Not only do I have LOTS of weekend housework to catch up on, but today is also the days they are going to clean their upstairs.  That will start in a couple of minutes.  We actually have things planned for most every other day of the week, so boredom will be less every other day.  If I can just get through Mondays!

This is going to be a particularly hectic week, too, because Rick and I leave for a cruise to Bermuda on Thursday (praise God!!)  We are taking the kids to Windsor on Thursday night and then leaving Friday afternoon to go to Kansas City for Krissi to do my hair.  We're spending the night with her Friday night and then fly out of KCI Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m., going to Baltimore, MD.  Our cruise leaves that day for two days in Bermuda.  We port back in Baltimore on Thursday, but are staying in Baltimore for another night to see the sights.  Then it's home to get the kids.

It's bittersweet, really.  Rick and I haven't been on vacation by ourselves since Eli was a baby.  We are so ready to spend some much-needed time together.  It's been a tough year in some respects.  But, leaving the kids will be hard, especially Brynne.  They'll have a great time staying at grandma and papas, with the pool and all.  And they'll go to the lake for the weekend.  But, I'll miss them so much.  I am with someone under the age of 14 all the time, so it will be strange to actually be with Rick, alone, without having to worry about getting home to them.  

Do pray for the kids, however.  I am nervous about my parents' pool, getting sick or hurt while we are gone, missing us, etc.  Pray that all goes well and that we all have a great time with much-needed time apart.

I will attempt to attach a couple of funny photos from the past week.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!