This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ Because He Comes to My Rescue


I am sure it is assumed that if you are a stay-at-home-wife-and-mom that you have all the time in the world to do the things you want and need to do, especially if all of your kids are in school.

But, sometimes that couldn't be further from the truth.

I would miss many things if it weren't for Rick's willingness to adjust his schedule to help me out.

Just this week I needed to take Kyndal to get her driver's permit. In order to do that we had to go early in the morning so she could get back to school for finals. That meant that I wouldn't be home in time to get Eli ready for school or take him and I was babysitting my neighbor that day.

Rick to the rescue.

Then Dawson asked me if I would come and take him to lunch one day this week, since it's his last week of school. (I typically try to take each of the kids to lunch the last week.) But doing that would mean that I wouldn't be here to get Brynne ready for school or take her and I was babysitting my neighbor that day.

Rick to the rescue.

I've mentioned before how Rick was here so that I could be with Kyndal when she had her wreck. And, he'll go with me today to Brynne's Pre-K program. And he arranged his schedule one day to go read to Eli's class. He goes to work late, rearranges his lunch hour and stays at work late whenever I need his help so I can do something important to me.

Living in a town where I don't have any family, or many friends to help me out, having Rick come to my rescue during these times is invaluable. I would be just sick if I couldn't spend time with the kids doing the important things.

Rick Rocks ~ Because he comes to my rescue.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you guys have a great partnership :) have sooooooooooo much fun on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!