This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is sunny and beautiful! It's going to be a lovely day.

I am thinking... about how when my husband or children walk out the door each morning, that it could be the last time I see them and to never take that for granted.

I am thankful ... that my daughter's car accident yesterday wasn't as serious as it certainly could have been.

I am wearing... my cleanin' clothes.

I am remembering... how fragile and unexpected life is.

I am creating... Teacher Appreciation gifts.

I am going... to clean my upstairs this morning.

I am reading... Winter Garden, by Kristin Hannah.

I am hoping... that I get a lot accomplished today because I feel crazy with all of the undone laundry, dust, clutter and piles and disarray after being gone for the weekend and then coming home to a family emergency.

On my mind... is a lot of mush because I am just wiped out from the past couple of days.

From the learning rooms... things are moving along nicely, with the end of school just around the corner. We also learned yesterday that even when you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing, someone else's decisions and actions can change your life.

Noticing that ... I have an amazing daughter. In the midst of fear and chaos yesterday, she was able to call 911, give them her location and call me (none of which she remembers doing, by the way). Her driving instructor said that he was grateful that she was the driver behind the wheel. She did everything right and I am extremely proud of her.

From the kitchen... still doing Weight Watcher's inspired meals. Tonight is Cheesy Broccoli Rigatoni. Tomorrow we'll have Tuna Sandwiches. Thursday is Crock Pot Chicken served over egg noodles. Friday is Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas (again because it's Rick's favorite) and we'll use the leftover chicken from Thursday night. Saturday we are having Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwiches (the kids will use Tyson frozen chicken breasts and I'll grill chicken breasts for Rick and I.) And Sunday, well, it's Mother's Day and I am hoping to not be cooking!! :)

Around the house... is constant white dog hair from Crusoe because he is shedding!

One of my favorite things... is going to garage sales. Can't wait for this weekend!

A few plans for the rest of the week... What a crazy week we have! I am babysitting my neighbor every morning this week. This afternoon I am working at the school book fair. Tomorrow Eli and Brynne have a dentist appointment. Thursday Kyndal has an orthodontist appointment. Friday Brynne's class is having a Mother's Spa Day (complete with hairdos, makeup and nails!). This weekend is our town's Trail Days Festival. So on Saturday Dawson and I are going to hit the yearly neighborhood garage sales. On Sunday we will take the kids to the carnival. And, that's Mother's Day.

From my picture journal.

I don't have any pictures because I am using Rick's computer. I left my laptop charger at my parent's.
** Be sure and hug your husband and kids today.

Get to know other special women at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!