This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting Recharged

School starts on Wednesday. It's been a really great summer all the way around. I have had the opportunity to spend an incredible amount of time with my kids, doing some really fun stuff! We've gone to lots of movies, done lots of swimming, gone on some great trips together .. it's just been so fun and full of activity! This is the first summer that it was "easy" .. no infants or pregnancies to slow us down. We were busy all the time! I can say it was probably one of the best summers we have ever had! But, all good things must come to an end. And, I have to say, I'm pretty exhausted and am ready for some "normalcy".

This weekend I got to spend it away with my best friend doing what we love to do best .. scrapbook, talk and eat!! Steph and I scrapbooked at Scrapbooks Galore 'n More in Tulsa from 9-9 on Saturday and 9-9 on Sunday. I even spent the night at her house Saturday night! We both scrapbooked our cruise vacations from this year. It was so nice to reminisce about our romantic vacations with our husbands to beautiful places. We had great meals and great conversations and we accomplished so much! For me it is so important that I take time to recharge! We all need that as wives and moms! Although summers are busy, schools carry their own challenges of busyness. This year we will be full of cheerleading, scouts, preschools, etc. I needed this weekend so badly to get my mind and soul ready for such a busy year. I feel ready to go now! I love to be "scheduled" and I love the excitement school brings, so I am ready for this year to start.

But I am also excited to "slow down" in my personal life .. to find a good Bible study, to spend some time alone, to exercise and take care of my home, and to find time for Rick and I to spend together. I have confidence that this is going to be a great year for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this weekend...it was so great to spend time with you. It always brings me so much joy and encouragment! You are the BEST!! BTW...love this song...man if I could sing...in public that is...I would just blast this one!! He is Holy, full of Mercy, our wise king, and is to come someday...Thanks for being a friend I can share that passion with!! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!