This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

"What I Got For the Money" Wednesday

Yes, I know it's Thursday.  But, I've got 30 minutes to kill before I pick Brynne up from preschool. I am sitting in a parking lot of a church using their wi-fi.  I've caught up on all my bloggy friends, so I thought I'd post something.  (BTW .. I miss talking to you all and I hope you are doing well!!)

This week I didn't need to go grocery shopping.  We had enough left over from last week, and Rick's out of town so dinners have been "whatever."

But I did go buy the flowers for all my pots.  It's still raining every day, and on Tuesday when I bought all of these flowers it was downright gross outside.  But, here's what I bought:


I have 14 large pots and several small ones around our house. I also went ahead and bought a mature cherry tomato plant and a regular tomato plant since my little weenie ones I started as seeds may not be big enough to produce tomatoes until December.

Funny story though. The cherry tomato plant was big and beautiful!  I was tilting it to get it out of its container, to put it in a pot, and it slid out and landed upside down in the pot. The biggest branch broke right in half, but somehow I managed to save the rest of it.  Oh, my luck.

I spent about 3 1/2 hours planting all of those pots yesterday, with Brynne's help, of course! (It actually would have only taken me about 2 hours without her, but oh the joy of having her alongside!)

After all that we had a HUGE storm blow in last night after dark, with about 70 mph winds (maybe not quite that bad in our town, but definitely strong!)  I was running around in the dark pulling pots onto porches and into the garage trying to save them.  That would totally be my luck! There were two I was unable to get to, but they survived just fine.

I love fresh flowers in pots and can't wait for them all to bloom!

And here's a picture of my little container garden. Pray for it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!